Islamic Widget

PEMBACA

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

CORRESPONDENCE BETWEEN MARYAM JAMEELAH AND MAUDUDI

The correspondence between Maryam Jameelah and Syeikh Maududi really impressed me. Their letters touched on several issues especially western worldview and its impact on Muslim society.

From the letter of Maryam Jameelah, I feel so empathy of a Muslim woman living in a non-Muslim country at that time. Indeed, she should be an example for modern Muslim women.

The correspondence sketch briefly about issues of polygamy, westernization, materialistic philosophy, secularism, nationalism, communism, zionism, Qadianism and other isms.

There were several Islamic scholars mentioned in the letter like Mohammad Asad, Syed Qutb, Syeikh Waliyullah ad-Dahlawi.

I hope I can be intelectually and spiritually like Maryam Jameelah for my beloved Muslim ummah in this modern and challenged time.

No comments: