- Considering the fact that the Prophet's Hadith is the only legitimate key to understand the Quran and the authentic source of guidance in their daily life, the companions took several steps to preserve it for them as well as for the future generation. Discuss these steps by citing some examples and also analyze how one could contextualize this approach in present situation.
- Codification of Sunnah went through different stages within the development of SOH. Elaborate how the Muslim scholars reconciled different opinions with regard to the permission as well as prohibition of writing the Hadith.
- Discuss contribution of Umar Ibn Abd Aziz in codifying the Hadith
- The Prophet used special method in teaching Islam to his companion. Describe his methodology of teaching Hadith and support your arguements with necessary evidences.
- Hadith scholars had introduced 8 methods of learning Hadith. Discuss the issue with examples.
- Muslim scholars have made utmost endeavor to ensure the authentic preservation of the Sunnah of the Prophet. Discuss with concrete evidences how the Sunnah was preserved right from its beginning up to the time when the most authentic compilations of Sunnah and Hadith came into existence.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
FAQ (4) SCIENCES OF HADITH
TOPIC: PRESERVATION AND COMPILATION OF SUNNAH